Are you passionate about making a difference in other people’s lives? Do you want to empower others to be their best? Do you want to contribute to the development of a safer and more socially engaged society? Do you want to work for an organisation that values and respects their workers?
The Sexual Abuse Prevention Network is a leading provider of workplace and community based sexual abuse and sexual harassment prevention training. We are committed to providing support, respect and dignity to the people we work with, empowering them to become ethical agents of social change.
Sexual Abuse Prevention Network is seeking an experienced group facilitator to join our education team on a casual contracting basis. The applicant would deliver a variety of programmes to a wide range of people, with a particular focus on professionals in workplaces, as well as a range of communities. This casual role will be contracted according to demand, therefore the number of hours per week varies greatly and timing of programmes can be negotiated.
• Facilitating training workshops with groups of up to 30 people
• Developing tailored prevention/intervention and response programmes for client
• Providing policy advice/consultation to clients
• Make appropriate referrals to community and support agencies.
• Provide group supervision sessions and/or facilitate discussion groups to clients
• Educate clients on all aspects of sexual assault and sexual harassment
What we are looking for:
• A relevant degree level qualification (e.g. Law, Public Health, Psychology, Social
Work, Industrial Relations, Organisation Behaviour)
• Hold a clean, current driver’s license
• Excellent time management skills
• Have excellent interpersonal and record keeping skills
• Understanding professional boundaries and ethics
• Strong analysis of sexual violence and understanding of prevention
• Ideally have experience of working with adults and young people affected by
• Must be flexible and have ability to think quickly and creatively.
• Be passionately committed to delivering excellent client services and overcoming
the social inequalities associated with sexual violence and harassment
• Be confident, engaging and have experience as a group facilitator.
What can we offer you?
We can offer you an excellent working environment, rewarding, flexible work, training in your role and ongoing support.
The successful applicant will bring a strong commitment to SAPN’s core values, mission and strategic vision. If you have a desire to make a positive contribution to our organisation, and have knowledge of the dynamics and impacts of sexual violence, then we would like to hear from you.
All job offers are subject to a clean Police check. Full training and induction will be provided.
Full job description available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply send through a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 5th October